Degree College Exams
1. It is compulsory for every student to appear for every test and examination held by the college.
2. Students who fail to apply with the ordinances 119/120/125 of the University of Mumbai and those who do not keep terms to the satisfaction of HOD and Principal of the college and they have not attended the prescribed number of lectures will be declared defaulters and as such they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
3. Any student who fails to show satisfactory progress in all subjects at the preliminary examination or remains absent from the examination for any reason may not be sent for the university examination.
4. The examination system for First,Second and Third year B.A,B.Sc and B.Com classes is based on credit based and grading based system.The modalities of Assessment under the credit base system for F.Y and S.Y and T.Y.B.A ,B.Sc and B.Com.
Modality of Assessment
1. Internal Assessment : 25 Marks
2. Semester End Assessment :75 Marks
Standard of Passing
1. The student shall have to obtain minimum 40% of marks in aggregate to qualify each course where the course consists of internal assessment and semester end examination.
2. To qualify each course minimum grade E shall be obtained by the student in each course and project wherever applicable in particular semester.
Method to Carry forward the marks
1. A students who passes in the internal assessment but fails in the semester end examination of the course shall reappear for the semester end examination of that course.However his/her marks of the internal assessment shall be earned over and he/she shall be entitled for grade obtained by him/her on passing of the complete course.
2. A student who fails in the internal assessment but passes in the semester end examination of the course shall submit and reappear for the internal assessment in the form of projects for that course.however his semester end examination marks shall be carried over.
ATKT(Allowed to Keep Term)
1. A learner shall be allowed to keep term for semester-II irrespective of grades obtained in each course of Semester-I.
2. A learner shall be allowed to keep term for semester-III if he/she passes (grade E or above in each course) each of Semester -I and Semester-II.
He/she has passed semester-I and semester-II and fails in not more than three courses in each of semester-III and semester-IV.
He/She has passed semester-I and Semester-II and fails in not more than three courses with not more than total 200 marks,in each of semester III and semester IV.
He/She has passed semester-I and Semester-II and fails in not more than two courses in each of semester-III and semester-IV.(for all subject of Arts and Commerce).
5. A learner shall be allowed to keep term for Semester-VI irrespective of grades obtained in each course of semester-V.
The absent and failed student will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution after following the necessary formalities.
This examination will be held 20 days after the declaration of results but not later than 40 days.
A student whom has not appeared at both semester examinations in a particular paper/subject shall not be eligible to appear for the additional examination in that paper/subject.
The seven Point Grading System
|0||70 and Above||7|
|A||60 to 60.99||6|
|B||55 to 59.99||5|
|C||50 to 54.99||4|
|D||45 to 49.99||3|
|E||40 to 44.99||2|
|F||39.99 and below||1|